Only 28 days to go until the State of Illinois License examinations for private detective and private security contractor. Whether you’ve taken the test before or not, it’s important not to wait until the last minute to prepare.
One observation many people misread is that a score of 93 percent is needed to pass these exams. The state of Illinois Study Guide indicates that a “70” is needed to pass. That’s a raw score of 70 out of 75 questions. Thus, that does not mean you can pass with a 75%. You must score an “A.”
Don’t underestimate the state’s ability to craft a challenging test. And more importantly, don’t overestimate your abilities to pass this exam without preparation. Prepare yourself.
Attached is a new tool I created to help learning terms you should know for the final exam. It's impossible to know if these are the only terms you need study. Probably not.
However, by learning these terms now, you'll spend less time dealing with them if encountered during your final exam (March 8th).
Also, here are your tips of the week:
• Use the terms on this attachment to create DIY flash cards. Practice these terms in your “free” time.
• The best way to remember these terms is to write your own flash cards using blank index cards. In other words, no cutting and pasting. Physically write out the term on one side and the definition on the other side. (Remember this is how we learned our multiplication tables in first grade.)
• Create audio flash cards too. The way I do it is by using my laptop to record me reading the terms, then pause for a second before giving the definition. Once you record these terms save them and transfer them to your iPod, Iphone, or mini recorder. Listen to them during your work commute, free time, or workout.
• As you become more familiar with concepts and definitions eliminate them and focus on your weak areas.
• The key to all success with these techniques is regular, intense, habitual practice.
• You must practice everyday!!!
Remember, every question and answer matters!!! Our goal is 100% correct, whether you're doing a practice exam, flash cards, or the final exam on March 8th.
For more information about my Detective and Private Security Contractor Prep Kits, contact me. 224.238.7848. Both Kits are now instantly available via email download and through Dropbox.